Cortisol, often referred to as the “stress hormone,” is produced by the adrenal cortex in response to signals from the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, as part of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Cortisol is perhaps the most important hormone involved in the adaptation process.
Upon exposure to acute stressors, cortisol secretion can generally help maintain homeostasis in the body. Because of its central role as a “first responder” and its capability to modulate multiple critical physiological functions, cortisol is often seen as the bridge between stress and its health consequences.
Variations of cortisol secretion can be an indicator of how well a body is coping with stress. Cortisol production is generally at its peak in the early hours of the morning and then gradually declines over the course of the day.
Cortisol Manager has been formulated with stress-reducing ingredients and botanicals to promote relaxation, help alleviate fatigue, and support healthy cortisol levels.* By balancing cortisol levels, Cortisol Manager can help reduce stress, which supports a restful night's sleep without diminishing daytime alertness.* Cortisol Manager is formulated with:
- Ashwagandha (Sensoril brand)
Directions and/or Dosage
Take 1 tablet before bedtime, or as recommended by your healthcare professional. Increase to 2 tablets during times of high stress. For every night use.
Ingredients/Serving Size: 1 Tablet
- Stress-Reducing Proprietary Blend: ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) (Sensoril® brand) root and leaf extract and L-theanine (Suntheanine® brand): 250 mg
- Cortisol-Reducing Proprietary Blend: magnolia (Magnolia officinalis) bark extract standardized to contain 2% honokiol and 1% magnolol and epimedium (Epimedium koreanum) aerial part extract: 225 mg
- Phosphatidylserine (soy): 50 mg
cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide color, glycerin
Cortisol Manager™ Does Not Contain
- artificial flavoring
- dairy products
- ingredients of animal origin
Do not use if pregnant. If nursing, diabetic, or taking any prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional prior to use.